Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bringing it Back to Brocelona..

Now this isn't my first run around Barcelona and it definitely didn't think so. As soon as my feet hit the Spanish soil of Barcelona I knew that I was back in my element. At first I'll admit it took a second for my feet to recognize where they were and then all my memories flooded back from 2 summers ago and all my muscles remembered where to go. It was all very dream-like, especially after we settled our stuff in our hostel and headed toward Barceloneta, the beach. We met up with another two Paris friends Jason and Martel and we all had a catch up on the beach. After, my feet took me right to me and my Norwalk gangs apartment in the Barri Gotic area, the place that made me fall in love with Barcelona. We all got ourselves a group dinner after I had my surreal moment coming back to our old stomping grounds. Barcelona is a city that is filled with some of the most amazing and unique architecture in the world, mostly thanks to Gaudi the spanish architect. We went back to my favorite park in Barcelona the one of a kind Parque de Guell. We went in and out of the back streets that I like to call home and saw all that Barcelona has to offer. I openly admit that I have this city on a pedistile but what can I say? It was my first European love, and you never forget your first love! As the weekend rolled on we met up with more DTW kids and traveled the city with them and went out to see a lot more nightlife. Including a class favorite, Chupitos! The famous light-everything-on-fire-shots-bar! Barcelona turned out to again be one of the best cities I've encountered in Europe. It has a bustling attitude unlike so many I have seen (and after going to 8 different countries I feel like I have a pretty good judgement!) 
Then it was home again to finally slow down and relax back in Seville to enjoy our last three weeks in Spain!!! 


Back in Barca!! 


Our old apartment!!


Cathedral de Barcelona

Our Cafe!! 

La Sangrada Familia, Gaudi's Cathedral 



Parc Guell 













St. Joseph's Market!











We Found James!! 

Our time on the Beach!




CHUPITOS!! 





Date Night with Jordan! 




DTW FAMILIA EN BARCELONA! 
Now back to Seville for the last three weeks of adventures in Europe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment