Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Holiest Person You Know.

Throughout my travels I have been graced to be in these major cities long enough to have your not-so-touristy experiences along the way. Today was the biggest example yet.. Through St. John's I sat in at an audience with the Pope where he personally made a shout out to the St. John's community blessing us, our families, and the relics that people had with them. It was a truly unique and once in a lifetime experience that I will not soon forget. 

I've also managed to done some other off the beaten track Roman things throughout my daily circles around Rome. First off, I decided with the up coming bathing suit season that it is only proper to get in shape, the opposite of what I'm doing by eating as much pasta and rice balls as possible. The aftermath of soreness is unreal but the experience of running along the track on the Tiber is one all its own. I've run spot to spot and down along the Tiber river there is a cool running and bike track with natives buzzing all over it with the warmer weather. I also had the chance to go to the ruins where Julius Casear was assassinated.. which interestingly enough in modern times is a cat sanctuary. I learn new things every day and hopefully day by day seeing the not so average tourist attractions. 


Amy's Future Home.. the Cat House!
"Happiness is only real when it is shared"



The Meanest cat alive.. this one got Jill!




Cat Kisses! 


Where Julius Caesar was murdered!
They own the ruins! 


Art inspired stop signs.


Papal Audience! 

THE POPE!!! 





Papal Guards.. great halloween costume idea!


The Pope and his right hand man, Cardinal Cool Hand Luke 


American blessing.. Cardinal Fonzie just acting too cool



The baby I had a starring contest with

Blessed Women! 


Mama Bouchard and JoJo!
Great photobomb...by the cop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment